Famore Cutlery 9.5 Inch Comfort Handle Pinking Shears are made to last. If you are serious about sewing then you need to have a pair of Famore Cutlery 9.5 Inch Comfort Handle Pinking Shears in your sewing room. Famore Cutlery 9.5 Inch Comfort Handle Pinking Shears have a comfort handle and are made out of corrosion resistant high grade steel.
Pinking Shears are used to make a jagged edge along fabric and at seams to prevent the fabric from fraying or unraveling... And they're very easy to use.
How Pinking Shears are used?
● The Pinking Shear (also referred to as scalloping shears). Pinking shears cut the fabric in a saw tooth or zigzag pattern.
● Woven fabrics unravel when cut on the particle, which results in seams ripping out and loss of fabric.
● Cutting the fabric exactly on the bias helps in reducing fraying. This is perfect for many applications, including seam finishes.
● The Pinking Shear is mainly used to reduce fraying and prevent damage to the fabric's unfinished raw edge, it is also used to finish seam edges.
● On non-fraying fabrics, using pinking shears helps to reduce a dull edge from showing through when pressing a seam and adds a finished look to the fabric.
What are the tips while using Pinking Shears?
● Use the blades of pinking shears only for cutting fabric, in order to prevent dulling the blades.
Keep the blades clean and oil them periodically. (clean excess oil off before cutting fabric)
● Avoid cutting too many layers at an instance. It is best cutting fewer layers at a time.
● Using ANY Specialized Fabric scissors for any other tasks other than fabric will dull them, resulting in rough cutting, shredding of fabric and hand fatigue.