Brother ST4031HD Serger, Strong & Tough Serger
Get professional results on everything from heavy duty fabrics to lightweight knits with the Strong & Tough Serger from Brother. The extra hard, high durability metal blade is manufactured of carbon steel that can cut evenly and smoothly, even through multiple layers of denim. The heavy duty metal frame provides stability while serging at high speeds, and durability for many years of extended use. The ST4031HD gives you the creative freedom to serge layers of denim, difficult knits and other tough projects with ease.
- Reliable, high performance 2, 3 or 4 thread serger tackles heavy duty projects such as multiple layers of denim with ease
- High durability blade Made from extra hard metal produces a smoother cut edge, for a more Professional finish
- Heavy duty metal frame interior and metal thread antenna for enhanced durability
- Large extension table helps prevent heavy fabric from pulling the needle and thread, for better finishing
- Includes standard foot, blind stitch foot and gathering foot for a wide range of uses such as finishing seams, Serging decorative edges, and creating Gathers on knits and woven fabrics
More useful features
- Free arm/flat bed convertible surface
- Free arm sewing makes it easier to reach cuffs, sleeves and other cylindrical pieces.
- Retractable blade
- The retractable knife blade helps prevent against accidentally cutting your fabric. This ability to sew with the blade retracted is extremely useful when you're working close to the edges of rolled hems.
- Uses standard sewing machine needles
- No need to purchase specialty needles, as this serger uses the same standard needles as a home sewing machine. The recommended needle size is #80 or #90.
Get professional results on everything from heavy duty fabrics to lightweight knits
- The Strong & Tough high durability blade is manufactured of carbon steel that can cut evenly and smoothly, even through multiple layers of denim
- The heavy duty metal frame provides stability while serging at high speeds, and durability for many years of extended use
- The ST4031HD gives you the creative freedom to tackle layers of denim, difficult knits and other tough projects with ease
Heavy duty metal frameThe strong interior metal frame helps ensure your serger remains stable on your work surface, even at very high speeds. This heavy duty frame is built for durability and longevity, for many years of extended use.
High durability bladeThe Strong & Tough blade is manufactured of strong, durable carbon steel, and can cut a smooth, clean edge through heavy fabrics.
Metal thread standThe Strong & Tough Serger thread stand is made of solid metal, for enhanced durability and longevity. The thread stand helps ensure that the thread feeds up and off your thread spools correctly.
Tackle heavy fabricsSerge with confidence on multiple layers of denim, layered knits and heavy duty fabrics. Professionally cut and finish in one easy step on a wide range of projects.
3 or 4 thread capabilitiesThis serger works with either 3 or 4 threads, for added flexibility. For example, you might use 4 threads with 2 needles for a strong overlock seam on high use items, and 3 threads with 1 needle for overlock stitching on knits, suits, blouses or slacks.
Up to 1,300 stitches per minuteGet more serging done, faster, with the ability to sew up to 1,300 stitches per minute. Simply using less pressure on the foot controller allows you to sew slower, to suit your comfort level and project.
Wide extension tableThe wide, detachable table keeps heavy fabrics on a level surface with the needle, helping to prevent excess pulling on the needle and thread, for better finishing.
Color-coded threading guidesThe color-coded guides printed on the machine show you exactly where to place each thread, for trouble-free threading. No need to pull out the manual when you want to thread your machine!
Removable trim trapThe trim trap collects the fabric trim as the serger knife trims your project, and can be easily detached from the serger. Also, the trim trap can conviently store your foot controller when not in use.
Differential feed ratio 0.7 to 2.0The differential feed controls the movement of the feed dogs that move the fabric through the machine. The ability to adjust the feed dogs helps provide smooth, even stitching and versatility. With a turn of the this dial, you can help prevent puckers in lightweight fabrics, create gathers, or create decorative lettuce edges.
Convenient stitch width controlSimply turn the stitch width adjustment dial to change your stitch width between 5.0mm (3/16 inch) and 7.0mm (9/32 inch). Adjusting the stitch width allows you to create serged seam finishes that lie flat, especially on lightweight fabrics.