Jean-a-ma-jig by Dritz
The Jean-a-ma-jig is awesome for topstitching and machine hemming over thick seams with ease. Use the Jean-a-ma-jig when sewing with jeans, jackets, towels, quilts, upholstery, and home decor projects. You can use the Jean-a-ma-jig with any sewing machine.
- 1.Press and pin the jean hems.
- 2.Begin stitching, stopping 3/4" before the thick seam. With needle in the down position, raise the presser foot.
- 3.From the back of the presser foot, slide the Jean-a-ma-jig up to the thick seam allowance, lower the presser foot.
- 4.Slowly stitch across the seam and off the Jean-a-ma-jig. With the needle in the down position, raise the presser foot and remove the Jean-a-ma-jig.
- 5.Move the Jean-a-ma-jig to the front of the presser foot.
- 6.Lower the presser foot and continue stitching onto the Jean-a-ma-jig.
- 7.Stop when you are completely on the Jean-a-ma-jig and lower the needle into the fabric. Raise the presser foot and remove the jean-a-ma-jig.