Dritz Quilt-N-Sew See-Thru Quilting and Embroidery Ruler
A transparent ruler allows you to see your project under the ruler for accurate positioning and marking.
- 1/16" outer edge marks and 1/8" grid with inch marks
- 18" ruler - made of clear, flexible plastic
- Includes 1/2" spaced holes for centering
Use centering holes in center of ruler to evenly space buttonholes, tucks and pleats.
To enlarge patterns on grids, draw a grid to match scale given with pattern.
- Draw the same line in squares as corresponding squares in pattern.
Establishing Parallel or Perpendicular Lines to Redesign Patterns and Add Seam Allowances:
- Line up any grid line on ruler to pattern line to create parallel lines.
- Use cross lines of grid to create perpendicular lines.
- Anchor ruler with thumb tack in center hole marked O.
- Determine diameter of circle.
- Divide that number in half and place pencil in corresponding hole.
- Draw circle by rotating ruler like a compass.
- Draw a base line.
- Place center hole O on base line and secure with thumb tack.
- Determine finished width of scallop and divide that number in half.
- Place pencil in corresponding hole and draw scallops.
Designer's Tip: Use the hard outer edge and flexible feature of the ruler to measure soft curves and create new curved lines when adjusting and altering patterns.